Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cajun Salmon & Garlic Cauliflower and Mushrooms

In the mood for some fish! I made this recipe before and can't begin to explain how much I enjoyed it. Backstory: I hated salmon. Hated! I've tried to make salmon over a handful of times and every time I ate two bites and would end up giving my serving to the Mister. He's never minded. This recipe was the first time that I actually wanted seconds - and the easiest way I've ever made it!


Cajun Salmon
Prep Time: 2 minutes; Cook Time: 10 - 15 minutes

2 Fillets of Wild Salmon
SEASONINGS:
     Extra Virgin Olive Oil
     Sea Salt - just a pinch
     Fresh Ground Black Pepper - to taste
     Cajun Pepper - to taste

Preheat Oven: 415 - 425F degrees.

Start by brushing wild salmon fillet(s) with EVOO, then season fillets of wild salmon on both sides.

Place seasoned salmon fillets on broiler pan. If skin is still on, place skin side down and put in oven for 10 - 14 minutes. 10 minutes if they are fresh. 14-15 minutes if they are frozen. Cook until done to your liking.

Servings: 2 filets.

Recipe Review:
Seriously unbelieveable!!! This recipe is officially a staple in my weekly menu. I have made this recipe over a handful of times now, and everytime I use fresh wild salmon fillets from Super Target in their fresh fish section. The fillets are about $7/each, and leaves you full and satisfied.

Garlic Cauliflower and Mushrooms    
Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 40 - 45 minutes

     3 cups cauliflowerets
     1 cup chopped fresh mushroom
     1/2 cup chopped red onion
     1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
     2 teaspoons lemon juice
     2 teaspoons cider vinegar
     1/2 teaspoon salt
     1/4 teaspoon pepper
     2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
     1/3 cup chopped green onion

Heat oven to 350F degrees. Spray square baking dish, 9x9x2 inches, with cooking spray.

Mix all ingredients except green onions. Spread evenly in baking dish.

Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and golden brown. Sprinkle with green onions.

Recipe Review:
For a salmon side dish, I usually roast whatever veggies I have in the fridge. This time I used some mushrooms and cauliflower. If you really love garlic, you'll love the recipe! If I make this side again, I will definately cut back on the garlic and possibly take out the apple cidar vinegar. I didn't enjoy these flavorings together. I love the simple but amazing EVOO and spices with roasted veggies, and this was quite a different taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment