Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Friends, Food & Fun Times! Every other day there is something fun to do, gifts to purchase, and holiday planning to be had, that this time of the year always catches my off guard with how much I miss spending time in my kitchen. Since I haven't been a crazy housewife lately, I thought I would post some updates about where I've been, and what I've been eating along the way. It's been a little nerve wracking knowing that I am unable to grab a bite at any restaurant like I used to, but thanks to the internet, I've been able to find places that satisfy my issues and still be served amazing food! Here's a few of the places I've visited so far this holiday season:




Kona Grill - They have a gluten-free menu and their happy hour is fabulous! If you decide to check it out, I highly recommend their shrimp and chicken wraps (w/o side sauce). It's a great place to catch up with great friends and not be worried about what you can and can't have since they offer a seperate GF menu.

Nicoise Salad @ Lifetime Fitness LifeCafe - With 22g protein and only 360 calories - what a great lunch or dinner! The nicoise salad has everything in it. Potatoes, tomatoes, lettuce, hard-boiled eggs, tuna salad, green beans, onions and olive tapenade. This satisfies any palette.

Wildfire Steaks, Chops, and Seafood - Simply superb! I have been to Wildfire twice in the 2009 holiday season already and both times they have amazed me with their gluten-free capabilities. They have an extensice gluten-free menu. They bake their own bread, so the first time I went I had a hamburger with roasted veggies on the side...I haven't had a hamburger in months and it was unreal! I've been missing out. The second time I went there I had their signature Wildfire chopped salad which is always satisfying and delicious with all the chopped veggies they add. I also saw on their menu that they offer GF pizza...looks like I gotta go back! :)

Chianti Grill - This restaurant also has an extensive gluten-free menu and I was able to have some pasta! Holy goodness - I'm on a carb high! I haven't had carbs like this in a long time, but gosh they are missed! :) I enjoyed GF Mostaccioli & Caprese Salad. This pasta had great rice noodles and lots of cheese, so I couldn't have as much as I wanted to, but I enjoyed it nonetheless!

1 comment: