Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins

Remember that pumpkin craving that I thought I was over? Well, I'm not. Not even close. One grocery store run later and somehow I had a can of pumpkin in my cart. I was going to save it until it got closer to the holidays but for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about what I could do with it. I wanted to bake and this feeling doesn't happen often. I wanted pumpkin muffins! A girl isn't going to learn how to bake, especially bake gluten-free, unless she tries right?


Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Bake Time: 20 minutes

     1 1/4 cups Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix
               or your favorite GF baking mix
     1/4 cup water
     1/3 cup honey or agave
     1 egg
     1 teaspoon vanilla
     1 tsp cinnamon
     1/4 tsp ginger
     1/4 tsp nutmeg
     1/4 tsp cloves
     1/2 tsp salt
     1/2 cup pumpkin (canned)
     Brown Sugar, top the muffins

Mix all ingredients together and spoon 2/3 full into greased muffin pan (or use paper muffin cups). Top Muffins with sprinkles of brown sugar. Bake in preheated 350ยบ oven for 18 to 20 minutes.

Servings: approx. 12 muffins

Recipe Review:
Satisfying! I added a dollop of Earth Balance Buttery Spread to the muffin and enjoyed it all melted and warm! The spices added really bring out a great pumpkin flavor. This is a really easy treat or breakfast. The Mister, who is my true food critic, thought these were yummy and he was excited because we had breakfast for the entire week. The only reason for the 4 stars was because within 2 days, even though I stored them in a air-tight container, they started to get dry. I'm wondering if it was because of the GF flour? I guess it's something I'll need to get used to!

No comments:

Post a Comment